Tuesday 1 September 2009

Cycles of Life

Littletree can now officially ride a bicycle on her own!

The trick of taking the pedals off worked a treat. I can’t believe it was barely a month ago that we took the pedals and training wheels off, and about 2 weeks ago we put the pedals back on!

It really was I guess three and a half weeks of riding maybe 20 minutes 2-3 times a week to go from barely able to ride even with training wheels to being a fully independent bicycle rider :)

90 bike

We spent the last 10 days or so riding with me holding on to the handlebars to help Littletree balance while she got the hang of it, and slowly letting go, and then one day, she did it!

She’s so excited to be riding, and gets better and better at it every day.

 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Little Tree! Have fun getting around on wheels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Littletree! I like this idea of no pedals. Excited to try it with my little girl who by the way loved the video! Lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh fantastic little tree!!!
    jalah has been riding in the sling on my back while i ride my dads bike! we must go for a ride together soon!!! love u xxxx great riding well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)