Friday 13 August 2010

Faerie Garden

I had an idea to make a little faerie path through our garden for Littletree to play on, and also as a shortcut from the street to our house.

We started by clearing a path through the rainforest undergrowth

P1040264

We started on a little bridge to go over the ditch

P1040265

Dug some stairs into the steep bit

P1040266

I made some archways with bamboo – we’ll hang little crystals and beads from the arches, and grow flowering vines as well. I’m thinking a passionfruit would be nice.

P1040268

Then it was all ready for the first test run

P1040272

Littletree loves it, and it’s going to be awesome when we get it more decorated. I think we might build a little cubby house and try to put in a rope swing.

5 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying watching your home improvement escapades. We moved into a new home 2 months ago, so we're doing some of the same.

    A faerie garden is one of my wishes, and something that I'm going to be getting on with soon. I love the bamboo arches you've made, and the ideas for hanging crystals and beads.

    w.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfection. little people love having their own special spots carved out in the big world. You are such a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Littletree is a very lucky little girl having a lovely mama xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful faerie garden:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)