Thursday 15 December 2011

Giant Perspective

I was just putting Littletree to bed and giving her a snuggle, and she said "Mama, can we talk about Stereotypes?"

"Okay", I said.

"Well, I think it's really mean that so many people make stereotypes. Like they say that Giants are mean and nasty. But Giants are people just like everyone else, except that they're really big. Like, really, really big. But they're nice, and kind. It's so insulting to stereotype them! I just don't understand why people keep making mean stereotypes about all different kinds of people."

When I thought about it, I realised that to a child, everyone is a giant. It's all about perspective.

DSC00004

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is a giant. It's all about perspective - You're right!

    ~Orianne~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely words, witty banter and entertaining discussion :)